Mt. Namsan is a symbolic mountain located at the center of Seoul. Although not as high as other surrounding mountains, Mt. Namsan is a very popular nonetheless as a resting site. At the top, there are various facilities such as Palgakjeong (octagonal hall), Seoul Tower, Maritime Aquarium, fountains, and Namsan Library. You may take a cable car to the top or walk up the stairway path. Other than this path, there are many other walkways to Namdaemun, Hoehyun-dong, Taegyero 3(sam)-ga, Jangchung Park, Itaewon, Huam-dong and much more. The driving courses here are also popular for couples.
Namsan Park is a historical site. You will find Bonghwadae (beacon mound) at the top as it was once the center of capital defense. During the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910) the capital was changed to Hanyang,(current Seoul) and to protect the city from invasions, castle walls were built on the 4 major mountains like Mt. Bukaksan, Mt. Inwangsan, Mt. Naksan and Mt. Namsan. On Namsan peak, five beacons were built to report the news from local governments to the central government with a five-signal system.
Also on the top of Mt. Namsan, there is the Palgakjeong Pavilion, which has a fantastic view. At Seoul Tower (479.7m), you can view the whole landscape of Seoul and the West Sea beyond Incheon. The rotating restaurant in the Seoul Tower also boasts excellent views. With excellent night view, you should try having dinner at the tower. It would be a great experience to visit Namsangol Traditional Korean Village which is a village of 5 traditional Korean houses.
N/A (Open all year round)
N Seoul Tower Observatory (admission hour) 10:00-23:00
Cable car (operating hours) 10:00-23:00
An Jung-geun Memorial Hall (admission hour)
- Summer season (March-October) 10:00-18:00
- Winter season (November-February) 10:00-17:00
* Inquiry: +82-2-318-5575
& Mid-sized cars: 300 won per 10 min
- Large vehicles
(more than 16 passengers): 900 won per 10min
* Plaza, walking path (6.7 km)
* Landscape facilities: Pond, pergola, water fountain, flower clock, etc.
* Physical activity facility: Swimming pool, tennis court, table tennis, baseball field, archery field, roller skating site, badminton court
* Educational facilities: Library, outdoor botanical garden, An Jung-geun Memorial Hall, Culture center
* Convenient facilities: Snack shop, water fountain, palgakjeong (octagonal pavilion), bench, tower observatory
[Seoul Tower Observatory]
Individual: Adults 9,000 won / Youths 7,000 won / Children 5,000 won
Groups: Adults 8,100 won / Youths 6,300 won / Children 4,500 won
* Operating hours: 09:00-23:00
* Groups of 20 people or more
Individual: Adults 6,000 won / Children 3,500 won
Groups: Adults: 5,000 won / Children 3,000 won
Individual: Adults 8,000 won / Children 5,000 won
Groups: Adults 6,500 won / Children 4,000 won
* Operating hours: 10:00-23:00
* Groups of 30 people or more
[An Jung-geun Memorial Hall]
* Operating hours: 10:00-18:00 (Winter Season: 10:00-17:00)
※ Children: ages 4-12 / Youths: ages 13-18
※ The operating hour of cable car will be extended if there are many visitors during weekends and holidays.