The National Hangeul Museum showcases the history and value of Korean orthography, Korean’s most-valued cultural asset, through exhibitions, activities, and education. Occupying over 11,322㎡, the museum has one basement level and three ground levels, along with an outdoor grass field and resting area perfect for cultural events, exhibits, and education. The museum is comprised of the Hangeulnuri (library) on the first floor, a permanent exhibition hall and Areumnuri (Korean cultural item store/tea house) on the second floor, and then a planned exhibition hall and a Hangeul playground for children and foreigners on the third floor.
* Opening date: October 9, 2014
Various hands-on programs and lecture, for Kindergarteners, elementary, middle, high school students, adults, foreigners
Admission / Participation Fees
Only a guide dog is allowed.
Baby Stroller Rentals
Available (10 car available)
Available (B1F / 70 cars)
Paid parking lot
Info. Services for Koreans
- Explanatory guides available in front of each exhibition hall freely
- About 30 people per time slot
* Explanation schedules are subject to change depending on the situations. Please refer to the website for more information.
Foreign Language Intepretation Services
[Exhibition Explanatory Guide]
Available in English, Chinese, Japanese
* Reservation by phone: +82-2-2124-6294~6
[Eligibility] For groups of 30 students or over during weekdays (required in advance)
* During weekends & National Holidays, reservations are not required.
[Reservation Period] One week (7 days) to one month (30 days) before visiting
* Only online reservation is available.
Lecture room, Auditorium, Hangeul Sharing Madang ‘Ra’
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)