The COEX Aquarium is comprised of 183 display tanks and 90 breeding tanks with 3,500 tons of water volume, making it a large-scaled aquarium. It houses 40,000 sea creatures, which come from 650 different species divided into 16 themed zones. In particular, the highest number of sharks and the largest variety of species in Korea are living in the aquarium. An open-top water tank releasing anions in addition to 20 rest areas make this tourist site in the heart of Gangnam, Seoul a perfect healing place for local and international visitors.
Whole area 14,350㎡
Facilities area 9,256㎡
Tanks - 183 display tanks, 90 breeding tanks
Water volume – approximately 3,500 tons
Creatures - 40,000 sea creatures from approximately 650 different species
* Refer to the homepage.
Nursing room, storage, café, Gallery Aqua
Admission / Participation Fees
Individuals: Adults 25,000 won / Teenagers 22,000 won / Children 19,000 won / Seniors 18,500 won
People with disabilities: Adults 18,500 won / Teenagers 15,500 won / Children 11,000 won / Seniors 18,500 won
* One infant (under 48 months) offered free admission when accompanied by one parent.
* For parent entering with more than one infant (under 48 months), children fare applies for second infant.
* Proof required
* Discount fares are applied to one companion of people with disabilities.
Credit Cards Accepted
B2 - B4 levels – COEX Mall (4,800 spaces)
* Enter the parking lot from the North Gate of COEX Mall
Aquarium visitors are eligible for a 50% discount when parking for 3 hours. (7,200 won for three hours)
* Discount is available after confirming the parking ticket from a parking discount machine located in the entrance of aquarium.
Groups of 20 people or more required to inquire in advance
* Inquiries for group visitors: +2-6002-6210, +82-2-6002-6311, +82-2-6002-6314
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)